**INTERNATIONAL SAFETY MANAGEMENT CODE (ISM CODE)
1. GENERAL DEFINITION
international safety management code (ISM) code means the international management code for the safe operation of ships and for pollution prevention as adopted by the assembly, as may be ammended by the oraganitation.
THE OBJECTIVES ISM CODE (ENSURE SAFETY AT SEA)
The objective of the code are ensure safety at sea prevention of human injury or loss odd life, and avoidance of damage to the environment, in particular, to the marine environment, and to property.
2. SAFETY MANAGEMENT OBJECTIVES OF THE OUR COMPANY
- Provide for sale practices in ship opertation and safe working environment.
- Establish safeguard agains agains all identified risk.
- Continously improve safety management skill of personnel ashore aboard ships, including preparing for emergencies related both to safety and evironmental protection.
- Procedures for reporting accidents and non-conformities with the provisions of this code.
- Procedure to prepare for and responsible to emergency situations and procedures for internal audits and management reviews.
3. SAFETY OF OUR PEOPLE, OUR SHIPS AND THE ENVIRONMENT HAS ALWAYS RECEIVED OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY
At all times and in all places we will work according to the following principles :
- All acidents and injuries are preventable.
- Every seafarer must have responsibillity for his or her own safety, and for the safety of others.
- No bussiness objective is so important that it will be pursued at the sacrifice of safety.
- Safe conduct of operation is condition of employment.
- A job is well done only if it is done safely.
4. PT. AMAN ARWITA MARITIME REQUEST 10 SAFETY POINT FOR SEAFARES
- Think safety all the times.
- Always wear PPE.
- Risk assess all new task.
- Get permit to work if needed.
- Wear ear defender where there is excessive noise.
- Wear eye protection when required.
- Use proper 'Means Of Access'.
- Know the location of safety equipment & safety routes.
- Watch out for other peoples safety.
- Report all hazards & incidents.
5. DO IT SAFETY ON BOARD SHIPS
*Health and safety policy
in PT. Aman Arwita Maritime every effort is to be made to identify hazard at places of work and to reduce the risk to seafarer. Detailed policies and procedures must be maintained for all operation and must be communicate effectively to the personnel involved.
PT. Aman Arwita Maritime commited to prompting the awareness, protection and conservation of environment.
The policy of PT. Aman Arwita Maritime to take all necessary steps to protect our seafarer, owners assets and those of our clients.
*Drug and Alcohol Policy
PT. Aman Arwita Maritime operates a zero-tolerance Drug and Alcohol policy in which all forms of non-medicinal drugs and are benned from owners vessels and our offices.